Clergy Appreciation Month began in 1993 as a way to encourage congregations to show their appreciation, love and support for their pastor. This affirmation can provide new life and energy for a pastor who may be dealing with burnout, disillusionment, frustration, isolation, or stress.
Finding ways to express genuine appreciation to your pastor is your task. There are many ways to express a congregation’s appreciation for their pastor. There are three pastor appreciation gifts ideas, which pastor appreciation gifts, have you ever sent?
- Pastor Appreciation Gift
- Price: $79.99
- Pastor's Wife Gift
- Price: $99.99
- Pastor Appreciation Plaque
- Price: $51.99
- Thank You Pastor Gift
- Price: $99.99
It is right time to plan some Pastor Appreciation Day activities to help pastors have wonderful holiday. In all of your activities, remember that Pastor Appreciation Day is not about glorifying a man or a woman. It is a Biblically consistent opportunity to recognize and encourage those whom God has called to proclaim his message and lead and lead His people.
It is a time when the entire congregation can become unified in celebration of what God is doing in its midst. Perhaps some of the following celebration ideas may work for your congregation or may inspire you to create your own.
- Determine an appropriate level of involvement for your church.
- Team up with your local Christian bookstore or radio station to recognize and honor your pastoral families through activities appropriate to your community.
- A pastor appreciation event could include a special welcome your clergy with slides, selected pastor appreciation poems, favorite songs, and a few testimonies by the children of your congregation.
- Hold a people-pleasing’ pizza party. Plan an informal time of sharing and caring around lots and lots of pizza and pop. If your pastoral families love pizza, give them certificates to local pizza parlor to last throughout the year.
- Plan a special banquet in honor of your pastors.
- Urge the Sunday school and other children’s groups to make creative appreciation messages for the staff using construction paper and bright colors.
- Plan a tree or some shrubs in honour of your pastoral staff.
- Improve your pastor’s working environment by upgrading or expanding his office or study, adding bookcases and file cabinets, or replacing out-of-date office equipment and furniture.
- Create a pastors’ hall fame in your church with photos and memorabilia of your present and past ministers.